Washington DC again suffers from the “bigotry of low expectations;” lots of talk, and not a lot of doing. The “big” issues are whether the Mayor has an expensive SUV, and whether the Mayor improperly influenced Mr. Brown’s mayoral candidacy.
The hope was that Mayor Gray was going to be better than Mayor Fenty. But when you look at the two key areas involving the schools and the Child and Family Services Agency, we again suffer from the bigotry of low expectations. Litigants are lining up trying to use private rights of action to get Mayor Gray’s administration to do what it needs to do. For example, the federal court cases of Wilson et al, v Washington DC and King v. Gray, District of Columbia, et. al.
Too bad for kids. Hopefully the federal courts will get the District to pay proper attention to its children.
- New allegations surface in probe of DC Mayor Gray (thegrio.com)
- Is DC Mayor Vincent Gray Telling the Truth? (theroot.com)
- New allegations surface in probe of DC Mayor Gray (sfgate.com)
- New allegations surface in probe of DC Mayor Gray (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Overlooking Abuse of Children
- Child Protective Services (CPS – CFSA) of Washington DC Out of Control – and then, for the Next Three Years, CPS “Passed Over” the Abused Children of Ward 3
- DC Settle Child Case
- Abused German Child with Severe Chronic Neutropenia Is Ignored by Washington DC Mayor Gray’s Administration